FREESTYLE WRITING CHALLENGE
“Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.” ~ Dalai Lama
My newest friend, Urvi of ( https://sparkofwriting.wordpress.com/ ) nominated me for a ‘Freestyle Writing Challenge’ where I am to write on a topic of her choice; Photographs. She wrote on two topics ‘Time‘ and ‘Butterfly‘, you can check them out by clicking on the topics or visit her blog on https://sparkofwriting.wordpress.com/ You will glad you did.
As it is the norm with challenges, this came with rules and here they are;
1) Open an MS Word document (or any other editor)
2) Set a stop watch or your mobile of 5-10 minutes.
3) Your topic is at the foot of this post, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4) Fill the word document with as much words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop.
5) Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check (it is only meant for you reflect on your control on sensible thought flow)
6) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals.
7) At the end of your post write down the number of words
8) Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic.
Now, to my freestyle;
Mama told me that
A picture is worth a thousand words
But thinking it through
A picture is all I need to remember
To remember the good and bad times
The funny and awkward moments
The long walk and the endless travels
It is the memory I need to keep moving
If I could paint
I will paint a picture of me for you
A picture of me on my natural skin
But technology has made me lazy
By making picture painting the easiest thing ever
All I need is a click of a button
And a picture of me is ready for you
I am camera shy
I have snapped just twice this year
But if you want a good picture
I can be your camera man
For the camera is good with my fingers
Forget the selfie stick and the front camera
Forget those in the background
Give me a smile and
I will give you one of the best shot
Cos my mama told me that a smile is the best makeup
I love pictures and I keep them too
They are the memories that keep me going
They are like the time machine
They make you look back without actually going back
I lost my flow here and I am wondering why
But a picture of Urvi is on my mind
Looking straight into her beautiful eyes
I guess I can do this all day
But I have got to go now
Cos my time is up and I must keep by the rules
PS: Photographs are more than images, they are life and love.
Words – 273
Time – 10minutes 34seconds
So I will be nominating
Saneh of https://sanehpandey.wordpress.com/
Faruk of https://farukmomodu.wordpress.com/
Folake of https://writtenobsessions.wordpress.com/
PS: If you are reading this, I have nominated you too. Please give it a try.
Your word is HAPPINESS!